By Joe Bottini, COUNTRY Financial Representative and insurance agency owner
COUNTRY Financial loves supporting small businesses. Here’s why:
· You make your communities unique and boost your local economies.
· We provide insurance for small businesses, like your retail shop or restaurant, with customized protection to meet your unique needs. Learn more about our insurance for small business owners.
· Most COUNTRY Financial representatives are small business owners.
So, when a special occasion like Small Business Saturday comes up, we want you to have the best one yet.
People are also reading…
Small Business Saturday ideas:
1. Offer incentives for shoppers
Small Business Saturday is a terrific opportunity to reward consumers for shopping with you.
· Launch a contest to win a shopping spree at your store or a meal for two at your restaurant.
· If you have a loyalty program, give out extra punches for shopping that day.
2. Team up with nearby businesses
Partner with other local businesses to promote each other’s deals!
· Post their specials in your store (and have them post your deals in theirs) by swapping promotional postcards or flyers.
· Engage with each other on social media. Share each other’s posts or even collaborate on a few joint posts.
3. Support a local charity
Consider donating part of your proceeds to a local charity. Consumers will already feel great about shopping local, but they’ll feel even better knowing their proceeds are going to a good cause.
Pro tip: Be sure to choose a charity that’s connected with your mission. So, if you own a toy store, donate proceeds to a local children’s hospital.
4. Give your clients an experience
Whether your Small Business Saturday shoppers are loyal customers or newbies, give them an experience to remember!
· For in-person shopping, provide refreshments, get out your customer service A-team, or throw up some celebratory decor. Make your customers feel special when they walk in your doors – because they are!
Don’t forget to use your social media channels to tell your story! Here are some Small Business Ideas for social media:
· Highlight your deals or hot new products with Small Business Saturday images or videos.
· Join the conversation and use event-specific hashtags, like #SmallBusinessSaturday, #ShopSmall or #DineSmall.
· Ask customers to check-in on social media or leave page reviews. Incentivize these actions with freebies!
· For folks shopping in-person, put up an eye-catching backdrop to encourage shareable selfies.
Learn more about insurance for business owners and find a COUNTRY Financial representative near you.
Log In to report